One of two books so far in the new Top 10 Walks: UK National Parks series.
This attractive and cleverly structured guidebook gives walkers the ten very best walks in the Lake District National Park in a popular pocketable format. The ten walks have been carefully selected as the best of the best from the popular Top 10 Walks series. Featured walks include themed routes from the Low Fells, High Fells, Lakeside, Tarns, Waterfalls, Ridges & Scrambles, Woodland, History, Literary and Teashop walks books.
With clear information, an overview and introduction for each walk, expertly written numbered directions, Ordnance Survey maps, superb, eye-grabbing panoramic photographs, and interpretation of points of interest along the way, these guides set a new standard in clarity, appeal and ease-of-use.
UK National Parks and the Lake District National Park: an introduction
Top Ten Walks: Lake District National Park: a photo mosaic
- Kirkstile Inn – best Lake District walk
- Aira Force – best Lake District walk
- Wastwater – best Lake District walk
- Tarn Hows – best Lake District walk
- Around Derwentwater – best Lake District walk
- Around Loweswater – another best Lake District walk
- Castlerigg stone circle – best Lake District walk
- Catbells – best Lake District fells walk
- Scafell Pike – best Lake District fells walk
- Striding & Swirral Edges – best Lake District walk and scramble