One of twelve books in the new Top 10 Walks: Lake District series.
This attractive and cleverly structured guidebook gives walkers the ten best walks to the Lake District’s finest and most welcoming tea shops and cafes in a popular pocketable format.
With clear information, an overview and introduction for each walk, expertly written numbered directions, Ordnance Survey maps, superb, eye-grabbing panoramic photographs, and interpretation of points of interest along the way, these guides set a new standard in clarity, appeal and ease-of-use.
The Lake District National Park: an introduction
Top Ten Walks: Pub and Fell walks: a photo mosaic
- Britannia Inn + Lingmoor Fell
- Stickle Barn + Langdale Pikes
- The Old Crown + High Pike/Carrock Fell
- The White Horse + Blencathra
- Wasdale Head Inn + Great Gable/Scafell Pike
- Woolpack Inn + Harter Fell
- Kirstile Inn + Melbreak
- White Lion Inn + Place Fell
- Travellers’ Rest + Helvellyn
- Swinside Inn + Catbells