Top 10 Walks: Lake District: Go Wild! – Family adventures
Outdoor adventures for family fun
This exciting, new and interactive, 80 page guide brings families with children ten of the very best family adventures in the Lake District National Park.
The carefully-chosen family adventures will take you on boats trips, wild swims, lake circuits, steam trains, safe caving trips, hill walks, overnight camps, island canoeing trips, forest bike rides, sunset picnics and more …
With expertly-chosen adventures, superb photographs, clear information, an overview and introduction for each walk, expertly written numbered directions, large scale maps, and four themed interactive challenges for every adventure, these guides set a new standard in design, concept, clarity and ease-of-use.
Featured adventures include:
The Lake District: an introduction
Top Ten Family Adventures: Lake District
- Binsey Hillbagging – summit sunset
- St Herbert’s Island – paddle and picnic
- Hallin Fell – boat and climb
- Crummock Water – wild swim
- Buttermere – lake walk (with tunnel)
- Black Sail Hut – bike and bunk
- Cathedral Cave – caves scramble
- Stanley Ghyll – steam train & waterfall
- Windermere shore – boat and bike
- Grizedale Forest – mountain biking.
What they say …
“The book is beautifully designed with a two column per page layout affording an easy read of the detailed walking routes.”
— Walks around Britain blog | www.walksaroundbritain.co.uk